THE BOAT - ARE YOU READY TO CATCH SALMON
Captain Nick Hashagen
As you and your family step onto the dock in Ketchikan, Alaska, you’ll be greeted by local Captain Nick Hashagen of Chasin’ Tail Charters. In most cases, my boat will be tied up at the same dock as your ship and this is less than 200 yards away. This will make for quick departure times and most importantly, more time on the water fishing and sightseeing in pristine southeast Alaska.
What's it like on the boat?
There's plenty of deck space to accommodate larger groups and safety is our first priority!
Please be prepared and don’t forget to dress in layers, the weather in the First City of Alaska can be extremely unpredictable and changes rapidly! Click here for the latest weather forcast. The great thing about your one-of-a-kind fishing charter in Ketchikan, is that you’ll experience a sightseeing experience along the way and not to mention, a very good chance to spot whales or other wildlife such as bald eagles, seals or porpoise.
My boat is meticulously maintained and features an onboard private bathroom, plenty of deck space and a warm cabin with complimentary snacks, including coffee and bottled water. It’s all about safety and efficiency in my book and that’s why I choose to keep my vessel up-to-date with the latest technology to ensure an unforgettable fishing expedition.
Chasin’ Tail – Boat Features & Equipment Highlights:
- 28’ Custom-built North River OS
- Powered by a Yamaha 350 horsepower main engine and 15 horsepower high trust trolling motor
- Equipped with 4 electric Scotty downriggers for precision depth control
- Multiple Standard Horizon VHF radios and an Iridium satellite phone to increase the competitive edge
- Furuno depth sounder for finding fish, bait, and structure
- Standard Horizon navigational system and Furuno radar
- Shimano high-end rods and reels
- Trilene big game fishing line
- Hotspot flashers, Gold Star, Luhr Jensen, Soundwave, Yo-Zuri, North Pacific, Yamashita hoochies and spoons as well as Tomic plugs