Half Day Ketchikan Salmon Fishing
Chasin’ Tail’s half day Ketchikan salmon fishing charters run from 4 to 6 hours in length based on your schedule and needs. They are geared towards Cruise Ship guests, visitors with a limited time in Ketchikan and locals. All fishing is done in protected waters. There’s no ocean fishing or rough water so you’ll have a smooth, enjoyable trip. These charters give you a great overview of salmon fishing in Ketchikan and a bit of sightseeing along the way. Want to know questions to ask before booking a charter? Visit my FAQ page.
All Chasin’ Tail Charters are private, custom fishing excursions – your trip, your way.
Half Day Ketchikan Salmon Fishing Cost:
½ day charter = 4-6 hours
Cost is $200 per person.
Because my charters are private, there is a 4 person minimum cost.
Larger groups can be accommodated with multiple partner boats.
Half Day Ketchikan Salmon Fishing Includes:
- Pickup/Transfers: My boat will be docked alongside your cruise ship and I’ll personally meet you at the dock for a super quick departure with no transfer time.
- Short Travel Time to Fishing Grounds: Travel time is 20-30 minutes. All fishing is done in protected waters.
- Everything You Need to Fish: Professional, high quality bait, tackle, lures, rods, and reels.
- Gear: Raingear is always available if you need it (it’s Ketchikan after all), but for your comfort I suggest you have your own.
- Snacks & Drinks: Light snacks and non-alcoholic drinks are provided.
- Fishing Licenses (not included): Fishing licenses are not included in the cost and everyone 16 or older is required to have a current AK fishing license. You can get your license online, here.
- Processing & Shipping (for an add’l fee): Your catch can be filleted, smoked, vacuum packed, frozen and shipped directly to your home for an extra processing and shipping fee. When planning your trip, I’ll provide detailed information about this option. Once it’s home with you, visit my Recipes page for some great ways to cook it up!
Prefer a full day charter? Visit the Full Day Ketchikan Salmon Fishing page.